Asphalt Shingles Are a Popular Choice For Roofing in Billings and Wyoming
There are good, better and best options when it comes to roofing materials. The perfect choice for you will depend on color and how it unifies the siding and paint on the other exterior surfaces.
Malarkey asphalt shingles provide the ultimate in performance, durability and color choices for optimum roof quality and aesthetics.
There are five areas of quality you should compare before choosing shingles:
- Impact Rating – this number sits between 1 and 4 to indiciate how resistant the material is to impacts like hail.
- Tear Strength – this rating helps homeowners in high wind and hail prone areas by determining how durable the shingle would be to weather.
- Thickness – higher profile shingles add depth and texture to the aesthetics of your material while also affecting tear strength and impact rating.
- Cost – this is determined by the extent of the qualities mentioned above and will vary with each choice.
- Warranties – all of the above factors will affect the extent of your materials warranty.
Choosing The Best Color For Your Roof
Your roof covers a large expanse of space and affects the curb appeal of your home. Start by matching at least one element of your other exterior surfaces for a cohesive finished look. For example, a home with cultured stone accents in gray or brown would be a great way to match the roof color. Contrasting your siding color is an option if you are more interested in a dramatic look. For a light colored siding, choose a dark roof color or vice versa.